Where can people go rather than living on the streets?

The City provides funding to support emergency shelters for individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness, including the Samuel L. Jones Hall Homeless Shelter – Sonoma County’s largest emergency shelter. Additionally, programs are available to provide food, clothing, housing and other supportive services, and the City opened a Safe Parking Program in March 2022 for individuals who are living in their vehicles. If you are aware of someone in need of homeless services and shelter, please contact the Homeless Services Outreach Team (HOST) at 707-978-8329 or [email protected].

Show All Answers

1. What is the City doing to address the growing homeless problem in our community?
2. If the City is investing more to address homelessness, why are we seeing more homeless people in our community?
3. Where can people go rather than living on the streets?
4. What is being done about encampments on public property?
5. What can be done about encampments on private property?
6. What are the legal constraints to the City’s ability to address encampments?
7. Is the City considering additional ordinances related to homeless encampments?
8. Does the City enforce laws about vehicles/RVs parked on City streets?
9. How do I request signage to restrict street parking?
10. What is being done about illegal activity?
11. How can I help?