How do I know if my project will need fire sprinklers?

Fire sprinkler requirement is assumed unless the project meets sprinkler exemption criteria. For more information please contact Santa Rosa Fire Department at or visit their website at

Show All Answers

1. What are water and sewer demand fees, and why do I have to pay them?
2. Do I have to pay demand fees for an Accessory Dwelling Unit?
3. How do I apply for a permit to install property side water and/or sewer plumbing?
4. How do I get City water or sewer if my parcel is in County jurisdiction?
5. How do I know if my project will need fire sprinklers?
6. What is the Water Demand Offset policy and how do I comply?
7. What is an Encroachment Permit?
8. What license of Contractor is required for water and sewer encroachment work?
9. How do I find Contractors by Class of License for estimates or to hire for work?
10. Why do I have to install a backflow device?
11. Why do I have to install a sewer cleanout near the street in the public right of way?
12. Why do I need an Encroachment Permit to install a new backflow device or a new sewer lateral cleanout?
13. Can I install a backflow device and/or sewer cleanout as an owner/builder or does installation require a licensed contractor?
14. How do I add a meter to my duplex, or second unit, for separate billing option (commonly referred to as a meter split)?
15. How do I get a hydrant flow test for my fire sprinkler calculations?
16. What is the South Park Sanitation District?
17. Why do I need to obtain a fire protection permit prior to encroachment permit issuance for commercial fire system?
18. How do I get a temporary construction meter?
19. What are the rules for paying large permit fees with cash?