Mayor Chris Rogers
After being elected in 2016 and re-elected in 2020, Chris was selected by his colleagues to serve a two-year term as the youngest Mayor in the history of Santa Rosa. Mayor Rogers represents District 5, which includes the neighborhoods of Downtown Santa Rosa, Railroad Square, St. Rose Historic District, Luther Burbank.
Prior to his council career, Chris served as a legislative aide in Sacramento during his tenure with the California State Senate and State Assembly. He has also worked on renewable energy financing and is currently an administrator for a nonprofit environmental organization.
He represents the city on:
- Sonoma County Transportation Authority
- Regional Climate Protection Authority
- Sonoma Clean Power
- California League of Cities Mayors and Councilmembers Legislative task force
- Sonoma County Health Action
- Santa Rosa’s Open Government and Community Engagement subcommittee (Chair)
- Santa Rosa’s Climate Action subcommittee (Chair)
- Santa Rosa’s Long term finance subcommittee (Chair)
- Association of Bay Area Governments executive committee
Additionally, Chris represents all nine Sonoma County cities on the Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) board of directors, the Chair of the consolidated oversight board of redevelopment agencies, and is Chair of the California League of Cities Environmental Quality committee.
Chris lives with his wife, Sarah, a local nurse, their two cats Leo and Flora, and four chickens Beaktrix, Egret, Minerva, and Ethel. Chris has a Masters in Public Administration from Sonoma State University and a Bachelors in Political Science from U.C. Santa Barbara.
100 Santa Rosa Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95404