Public and Community Improvements: physical construction/improvement projects. Examples include but are not limited to: murals/public art, benches, park improvements/repairs, community clean-ups, tree planting, graffiti removal, community, school or service club project, signage, creek restoration and neighborhood gardens.
Community Practices: activities that create or enhance the sense of community among individuals within a regional area or within a group that shares a common interest. Examples include: neighborhood leadership development trainings, community leadership trainings, formation of a neighborhood association, etc.
2021 Focus Areas
All grant applications must align with City Council goals and priorities:
City Council Goal #7: Foster neighborhood partnerships and strengthen cultural assets.
General Community Building Project Ideas:
- Community gardens – creation or cleanup
- Community cleanup day
- Art projects
- Memorial projects (e.g. bench or plaque purchase and installation)
- Youth-led projects
- Neighborhood group development (e.g. neighborhood association creation, neighborhood communications creation, neighborhood leadership development, etc.)
Crises Response Priorities Project Ideas:
- Economic Resiliency, including Childcare. Examples: COVID-19 response/recovery (e.g. food and/or clothing distribution, community gardens, school supply distribution, etc.)
- Homelessness - programs may be funded if they align with City of Santa Rosa goals and services for homelessness. If doing a food or clothing distribution, you must partner with a homeless services agency.
- Public Safety Priorities and Reform. Examples: Disaster preparedness (e.g. creation of go-bags/emergency kits, etc.)
- Organizational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Examples: Art projects (e.g. mural creation, crosswalk or street murals; quilt making; yarn bombing, etc.); racial equity and social justice trainings; community conversations on race, etc.